Time flies.... I can't believe we are getting ready for July 4th! Lets see that means we have about 6 weeks until school starts! Agghhhh! I'm really screwed! K needs to be potty trained to go to school and she is totally reluctant to the idea. Little background.... her birthday is right at the cutoff date, 3 days after to be exact. So she is supposed to go to school next year with the 2 year olds, even though she will turn 3 right at the beginning of the year. I asked the preschool director (its the same school G goes to) if she would make an exception and place K in the 3 year old program because she really needs to be with the older kids. Theres no way she'd get enough stimulation in the 2 year old room. This kid is bright! She talks about crazy things sometimes that catch me really off guard. The other day she said "look at that trapezoid, look at that rhombus." I had to force my brain back to 10th grade geometry so I could relate to what my 2 year old was talking about! Anyhow, the director agreed as long as she was potty trained.
So thats where I'm stuck. Or...she's stuck. And she's not budging. We've been trying for a loooong time. I'm resorting to bribing her with this bag of chocolate. So far its not motivating enough for her. I guess I need to just take her diapers off and either let her be naked, or put her in her little underwear that she loved at Target but not at home..... I'm sooo reluctant to do that. We used to compare K to a puppy. I don't even know what I would be signing myself up for...
Anyway she's getting big fast. Today "Pick E Up" started to disappear. She came to me and said very slowly "pick---e---mup" then "pick---me---up" I hate to admit it, but I don't always correct the cute little things they say. I know they vanish in time and I just adore it while I can! I know the same will happen with the diapers...it just better happen before august 16th!
No comments:
Post a Comment