A working journal of a family of five from my perspective as a stay at home mommy. Life moves fast and its easy to forget the moments you think you'll remember for a lifetime. This is my attempt at capturing some of those moments. I hope my kids will enjoy reading about their childhood one day....
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Serenity NOW!
When things are going smoothly with it, having a rental house is great. Someone else pays our mortgage and we get the equity. Well, okay, once the housing market improves we will BEGIN to get equity. :) Anyhow, I'll spare any long boring details, but lets just say I've fallen out of favor with our lovely second home. We've dealt with some crappy issues with it lately. So last night S comes home to share with us that he got a call from Adam, our former neighbor who happens to be a police officer. It seems our renter was carried away in handcuffs last night after a "domestic incident" Sooooo, we don't know if our place was trashed in this "incident" or if the renter will be serving jail time, or if the situation will result in renter defaulting on the payments. I'm so glad that we use a property management to handle the rental. Sure it costs money, but they deal with the renter, the property and all aspects that involve either. I have a feeling they are going to be working for their money soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you use a property manager, do you get any say in who rents the property? Sounds like a nightmare! Good thing you have a nice neighbor who keeps you informed.
ReplyDeleteIf the applicant falls outside of the property company's set standards for income, credit score, or those sort of things, they ask us to approve or decline the applicant. I'll be calling them in the morning to find out what our rights are and where we go from here. This is the first issue we've had in 3 renters. Hopefully it won't blow up into a huge mess!
ReplyDelete