Monday, May 23, 2011

Lawson at 4 months

My little angel is getting so big so quickly!   Well.... according to me, anyway.  According to the doctor visit.  He's still a little peanut.  He was a meal short of 13 pounds and was 24 1/2 inches.  That puts him in the 6th percentile for weight and 20th for height.  Doctor is not concerned in the least bit.  The other two ran the exact same pattern and I did as well as a child.  

He continues to develop right on target.  He's sitting assisted and for brief (10 seconds) moments he can sit by himself.   He's starting to like the exersaucer more as he's just now discovering his hands and how to use them to grab things.  I just cut about 6 inches off of my hair yesterday because when he grabs things, he doesn't let go.  My hair up until yesterday was his favorite thing to grab and hold onto.  It so interesting to watch Lawson develop.  Its just from an entirely different perspective than the first two.  I guess because I understand differently how much they grow in such a short time and how much they develop in skill and ability.  Its really quite amazing.  I wonder what we would be like if we continued to develop at that pace for our whole lives.  Anyhow, he is busy staring at his hands and bringing them together and into his chest.  

He continues to be the sweetest. most easygoing baby.  He does have a temper though and isn't afraid to let you know if he's unhappy.  He is VERY ticklish and lots of times goes into rounds of laughter from just dressing him or changing a diaper!   He does very well at tummy time.  Pops that head up in a 90 degree angle no problem!.  He's not grabbing for stuff on his tummy yet, and is still a bit wobbly.. bumping his face into the carpet from time to time.  :)   He likes the bumbo seat and the moby wrap.  Both allow him to see the world from different perspective.  He is the BEST in the car!  Rarely ever fusses.  

His longest stretch of sleep is about 6 hours at night.  At the 4 month checkup last week I asked his doctor how long he should be going for.  She said many babies do 8 hours, but some of the smaller babies still need to eat more frequently.

Yesterday was another milestone for him.  First solid food!  He had rice cereal mixed with some of Mommy's milk.  He absolutely loved it, but I think it was too thin and he was too hungry, he was very frustrated that I wasn't much faster at getting the spoon to him!   We'll try again today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment