Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summertime Rolls

July just rolled right on through and here we are into August!  The kids start school one week from tomorrow!  The last part of our summer has been busy.  Lots of family some travel and a bunch of new experiences.  I've been bad about updating the blog, but I'm ever faithful to my camera so I'll try to highlight the last few weeks.  Here's what we've been up to.......

NEWBIE UPDATE-
I had my appointment to mark the end of the 1st trimester and the first appointment where the heartbeat is audible.  It took the nurse a couple of attempts to hear the shy little one, but eventually, there it was.... the unmistakable sound.  Oh, how I love that sound!   153 beats per minute.  Good strong heartbeat.  Grow well little baby.  :)

PLAYING OUTSIDE-
We USED to play outside.... before the 100 degree heat hit.  Seriously, it has been in the triple digits for 3 weeks now.  The heat index puts it up around 110 or 115 some days.  Waaaay to hot to play outside.  Anyway, before the sultry southern summer hit, here's the fam enjoying some outdoor time.



























BRUNSWICK TRIP-
The kiddos had the opportunity to take their first family trip where we traveled with family.  It was a lot of fun!  My first time in the town.  Its got that nice laid back feel and I have to admit, I loved the smell of the ocean water.  Nana and Grandpa rented a boat so we all got to go out in the water in what I guess was an inlet or channel to the ocean.  This provided nice calm lake like waters, with AMAZING wildlife, like the pod of dolphins we saw breaking the water or the glimpse of the manatee snout we caught.  G called it the chocolate river because of its brownish green color.  We anchored near an old abandoned fort that is now part of a state park had lunch and got the kids into the water with S.  They loved it!  Looking forward to going back soon!


                    

                    


No comments:

Post a Comment