Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lawson turns 5 months old

It breaks my heart how fast he's growing up.  I packed away his newborn through size 3 month clothes yesterday.  It was tough for me.  I felt literally tight chested.  I have left the stuff in there because as much as I love to see him growing up, he's my last baby and there's a part of me that has a hard time letting that go.  I do know that it passes in time because I felt the same way about my pregnancy.  I privately went through somewhat of a mourning for my round belly full of joy.

Anyway, enough about me... what to say about the little guy.  He's an inspiration...truly.  We know a few couples who have told us that they were inspired to add to their families after spending time with Lawson.  He continues to be so mellow and happy.  VERY easy to get to smile.  He loves to coo and babble.  He's adding lots of new consonants to his speech and is getting to be quite the conversationalist.   He's been doing worse at night lately.  Waking around every 3 hours or so for the past couple of nights.  I'm not sure what to contribute it to...could be teething, practicing rolling, gas, hunger, loneliness.

He's been eating more solid foods.  He's a BIG fan of fruit.  Loves applesauce, peaches, and pears.  Not so much on the bananas.  Its strange, none of the kids like bananas.  He will eat rice cereal too, though I can tell its not his favorite.  He loves to eat.  Eats almost the whole container.  I don't remember the other two eating so much right away.  I'm wondering if his newly forming digestive system is to blame for his rough nights of sleep lately.   Hummm.....

He's started to discover his feet and likes to play with them.  He sits unassisted for a second or two but he leans so far forward its like hes practically laying down on his tummy with his feet up by his ears.  When we sit him in the bumbo seat, he rotates around almost sideways so that one leg is out up to the him while the other leg is curled into the seat.  When he's in the swing he's leaning forward now too.  It brings back memories of Gray reaching out and grabbing the bar to stop himself!   The kids are really adjusting well to him now and even want to include him into the bathtime routine.  Cute.

I am really trying to enjoy him so much right now and how he needs to be held and carried everywhere.  Its so sweet, he's just started to reach out to me over the last day or two.  At first it was for my face and when I would get close he would touch and stroke my face.  Earlier today I laid him down on the couch and took a few steps away to get a diaper and he reached his arms out for me.  Totally melted my heart!

Heres some pictures over the last week.

He really enjoys the exersaucer

cute little profile

First time in a pool!

He likes it!



Deep thinker

He finds that thumb sometimes for a little comfort

Lawson Everett  5 months old

Peek a boo!

Loves to play with floor toys too.  So interactive!

Handsome L.B. (littlest buddy)

Enjoying a good read before naptime

No comments:

Post a Comment