For a lot of reasons, we have gotten to enjoy Lawson on a different level than the first two. Since we are more relaxed and at ease, we can really take wonder and awe in his development absent of the fear of every germ, splinter, and dust particle that enters his personal space. I have been particularly enjoying watching the use of his hands develop. It has been so interesting! At first he could bring his closed fists to the center of his body...mmm, maybe around a month old (?) Then he would sort of bat at stuff closed fisted. He would grab something if you put it right up to his hands and touched his fingers with it. Except for hair... WHOOOO! He's a hair puller!
Anyhow now, his hands are open and he's eagerly grabbing at everything. I noticed today that he uses his hands like flippers. He expects his fingers to work the same way on the back of his hands as they do on the palm. Its so cute! Overall, he has fairly good control of his hands for his age. He can grab stuff well and is getting fairly accurate with depth perception. He is steadfastly working on getting the pacifier in and out of his mouth. He often takes it out when I put it in just to try and put it back in himself. I am happy with him learning this skill!
Next step.... grabbing for big brother and big sisters toys!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment