Oh the beautiful beach.... We had the delight of spending the last few days at a beautiful rental house in Fernandina Beach which is on Amelia Island in Florida. The place had a little pier off the back door that led right out to the beach... I mean right out to the beach. It was so amazing and we had the beach almost exclusively to ourselves. We traveled with Nana and Grandpa J and got in lots of good bonding time. Kinsley took to the water right away and had no fear of the strength and vastness of the ocean. Her squeals of delight as she fought to stand up in the crashing waves will stay with me for a long time. What a cutie! G-man stayed true to his more cautious nature and enjoyed the ocean from about knee depth. He loved making sandcastles and collecting seashells. He and I also played a great game of who can get closest to the water without letting the waves touch our feet. He was really fun to play with and his curious nature reminded me of spending time at the beach when I was little.
Having Nana and GJ there meant Seth and I could steal a little water time together while the kids were on the sand. They brought boogie boards so we both took a board out into the water and played. It had been easily 15 years for both of us since we had gotten into the ocean like that and played in the waves. It was such a fun time to share. We laughed as we got hit in the face by waves and held hands as we floated peacefully in the water. I am so incredibly lucky that I married my best friend. :)
We were also fortunate enough to spot dolphins again in a pod just about a hundred yards from where I was enjoying some time with baby boy in the ocean. Thats the second time in as many trips to the beach that we've spotted dolphins. By far my favorite animal.
Here's some pics from the beach. I concentrated most of my pics on one day when it was rainy and too cold to go really swim in the water, but perfect for just playing around. The day that we really got to enjoy the beach, I did get some pics, but mostly left the camera in the bag and just played with my family. All 5 of us cannot wait to get back to the ocean and do it again!
(as i'm previewing this post I'm noticing that the pictures are uploading quite a bit darker than they were edited. hopefully its just a glitch in the site or a glitch in my sleepy eyes ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment