Tuesday, December 28, 2010

36 weeks

36 weeks - that's what the calendar says at least.  I think little Lawson has his own ideas.  For about a week and a half,  I've had a feeling that he is going to come sooner.  He's already dropped and I'm having lots of contractions.  I had about 5 last night just in the amount of time it took to cook and eat dinner.  He was so low to begin with that now that he's dropped I feel an incredible amount of pressure.  The plus side is now that he's lower, he's off my stomach so the indigestion has gone away and my appetite is back to ravenous.

I was supposed to have an appointment yesterday but after a frustrating experience at the doctor, I had to reschedule for tomorrow.  They were however, able to give my the surgery date.  Monday, January 24th.   I was a little caught off guard by the date.  The official due date is the 29th and he's already measuring about a week big.  Oh, AND I found out that the doctor I've been seeing since about 4 months isn't the doctor who will be doing the surgery.  It's a doctor I have never even been seen by.  It's okay though...this is the doctor who I had heard so much about from others.  She was the reason I chose that practice. It just so happened that in a practice of 4 doctors, I hadn't met her yet.  Once I started seeing the other doctor regularly, I was quite comfortable with her and didn't ever request to see the doctor I was referred to the practice based on.  So I have requested to be seen by her from here on out.

Anyhow, I'll discuss the date with her tomorrow after I see where I'm at and if any signs of labor have begun.  I am concerned about the date as Gray came naturally 6 days before his due date and Kinsley was evicted 8 days before hers.   In other words, I've never carried a pregnancy that long before, especially with a baby that has already measured big.  Both of the others measured on the smaller side.

As far as some baby predictions - we have been making them here in the house.  I am predicting that he will be here by the 17th but I'm not committing to any specific date.  Seth has predicted the 19th.  I think it will be hilarious if it is on the 19th.  Then he would have predicted both the beginning and the end of this pregnancy!  Also, if he's born on the 19th, he'll share a birthday with one of his uncles!
I also suspect he's going to be the biggest baby.  He'll have to beat 7.10 to do that.  If he stays put until the 24th, I'm predicting an 8 1/2 pounder.  I guess we'll know soon....................

No comments:

Post a Comment