Happy New Years Eve!!!
It was a beautiful day today. It got into the mid 70s. Can't ask for nicer weather at the end of December! I made cookies with the kiddos. We decorated them like clocks. I didn't take any pics. I feel like I have a hundred pictures of them decorating cookies...
Gray is SUPER excited that it is now January, because he knows that means Lawson is coming. He is just the best. He has become really helpful around the house and its not uncommon to see him in the laundry room moving clothes from the washer to the dryer or from the dryer into a basket. Its sweet, he's protective of me. :) I actually think he'll have a little bit harder of a time adjusting to Lawson's birth than Kinsley. As long as she has her Daddy, she'll be fine.
Speaking of Lawson....I had a lot more contractions again last night. Sometimes they are so strong they will wake me up! Nothing regular or necessarily painful, just lots and lots of activity. I forgot to mention in my last post about my doctor visit that his heart rate was at 142. No significance - I just had been mentioning the measurement in each of my updates.
Anyhow, since today was such a nice day, we got to get some nice outdoor playtime into the day. Here are some pics I took. It's been a while since I've done anything with black and white. Enjoy :)
Seth came home with an xbox kinect. We hooked it up and went out with the kids to set off fireworks.
Before today, Kinsley had been terrified of fireworks. Tonight she thought she was terrified, but realized after a few went off that it was actually pretty cool. Their buddies came over and watched with us. Tonight we got to be THOSE people when we lit a few large fireworks...the mortars that launch into the air and explode... Don't judge me, I live in the south now! :)
So tonight, I'm just laying low and ringing in the new year with my best friend. 2010 has been good to me. I've done my best not to take any of it for granted. I can't wait for 2011. I can't wait to hold my son in my arms in no longer than 3 short weeks. I can't wait to experience the new baby through my other children's perspectives. And I can't wait to fall even more in love with my husband as we get to share this amazing experience together yet again.
Happy and most importantly HEALTHY new year to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment