Well, the kiddos go back to school tomorrow. It makes me realize just how quickly Lawson will be here! Their school weeks go by fast and I feel like I have lots of things to do that I've been waiting on the kids to go back to school to accomplish. I've got my list of stuff thats left to buy before he's born so I think I'll go on a little trip to Target tomorrow and get that out of the way. I gathered Lawson's clothes and his special blanket as well as my clothes. That's about as far as I've gotten with packing my hospital bag. I realized in the middle of the night last night that I should probably pack a bag for the kids - just in case. I'd better get on that....
I had hoped to get some other stuff taken care of before Lawson was born, but it didn't work out that way. Kinsley had a dentist appointment today. She has what they called a "sugar bud" I guess its the beginning of the surface wearing down right before a cavity forms. They wanted to take care of before it gets any worse. Anyhow, we waited for about 45 minutes while they worked on an "emergency". Needless to say by the time we got back to the chair, Kinsley had already had enough. She started crying when they put the napkin bib around her neck. The hygenist tried a few times to coax Kinsley to lay back in the chair and put on the "elephant nose" aka the nitrous oxide tube. She wasn't having any of it. The dentist came in and let me know we had a few options. First was to reschedule. Second was to restrain her via some sort of lead blanket that binds her arms. Third was to sedate her. Finally, we could just try to give her the nitrous oxide they were trying to give her. They said they were concerned about her kicking the baby and that if she didn't inhale the gas, the rest of us in the room would and that exposure to the gas may cause me to go into labor. Keep in mind I also had Gray with me.... I chose to reschedule the appointment after Lawson is born. That way I can take Kinsley by herself and there's no risk to a developing baby. I have some time to think about it, but I think they should just give her the sedation. They said its an entry level sedation that she can drink that will just make her a little loopy, it wont knock her out. Obviously I don't want my baby girl sedated, but I feel like between the options of sedation or restraint, I would rather not traumatize her by holding her down as she's screaming in fear of what's happening to her.
We never really progressed anywhere with the pooping either. She will tell us now when she needs to go by asking for a change of underwear. I try to sit her on the toilet, but she just sits there and gets upset if I try to encourage her to stay knowing she needs to go. I've started showing disapproval again over the past couple of days. It's just so hard not to acknowledge it at all in a negative way. We've been working on this for so long and its so frustrating to not understand why she won't poop in the $#$%^ toilet! It's not like she's 20 months old and doesn't know any better. She knows better and knows that she is supposed to poop on the potty. She'll even say as we're getting her cleaned up "Kinsley - that's GROSS!" So, she hasn't gone in 2 days. I'm almost positive she'll poop in her pants at school tomorrow. I wonder if they'll kick her out of school. That may be just what she needs to straighten up. I've also been telling her that Lawson will need diapers because he's just a baby and will pee and poop in his pants. I'm hoping that goes somewhere too. Till then, we'll just keep working at it. In the meantime - I am a laundry expert now! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment