Gray's teacher pulled me aside yesterday to share with me how well Gray is reading. She said he's the best reader in his class and is the first to call out what the word says when the class is introduced to a new word. I was so thankful that she told me! I had no idea as he's not that into books at home and likes to read the same few books over and over and over so...of course he can rattle them off!
His teacher offered to let us borrow the books they have been working with at school. They are called BOB books. Basically, they are beginning reader books with easy words like sat, dog, cat, etc.... I read a couple with him today and it is so adorable. He really can read well and its neat to see him sounding out words and trying to figure out what they say.
I am so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment